Search for document in OE

TommyRed 11:37 26 Apr 04

I am looking for a document that was e-mailed to me, I can't remember which folder I put it in. Can I do a search, just in OE? I vaguely remember the date within a week or two. XP Home. TIA TR

Taff36 12:52 26 Apr 04

When you say you can`t remember which folder you put it in did you save the attachment to your c: drive or did you save the e-mail with the attachment in a folder within OE? If the latter and you can remember the date sort the e-mails in each folder by date received (Click the received header) and then check the e-mails with attachments.

If you can remember who sent it click the From header to put them in alphabetical order and look for attachments from that sender.

Stuartli 12:54 26 Apr 04

If you have an idea of the date you can also check each folder by date order (this is usually the default in any case).

wildrover 13:19 26 Apr 04

OE has a search facility - Edit, Find, Message - which allows you to search folders and sub-folders.

If you have saved the document to a folder outside OE and deleted the email, it may still be in your deleted folder unless it has been emptied.

Otherwise, if it is not in OE, you will probably need to do a *.doc (or whatever, if not a word document) search of your hard drive.

TommyRed 13:59 26 Apr 04

That's what I was looking for, a search facility in OE, thanks. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…