Search Bar at top of Internet Explorer

amyjen7 10:41 AM 15 Jun 13

Since my son in law used my Pc the information and search bar at the top of Internet explorer 9 has shrunk leaving limited space to type in, what I want to search and my spell check has vanished despite being enabled. How do I restore it to a workable size? Help would be appreated. Thank you

Chronos the 2nd 12:07 PM 15 Jun 13

Go up to the top of IE right click then click on Lock the Toolbars so that there is no tick alongside it.

Then go to the right of the word Search which is on the right of the Address bar and when the cursor turns into a right and left arrow drag the Address bar to the right. Remember to put a tick back beside lock the toolbars.

T0SH 13:25 PM 15 Jun 13

If the changes were made very recently, then perhaps a windows system restore back to a day or so before this happened may be the simplest option

Cheers HC

wee eddie 14:16 PM 15 Jun 13

Move your Mouse Pointer to the Right-hand end of the bar > Left Click and a Double Headed Horizontal Arrow will display, when you're on the end of the box > Dragging it to the right will increase the length of the box > release Left Button > Job done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…