search the archive

Smiler 14:33 14 May 04

I've just carried out two searches using the search box at the side of the site (one for "explorer" and the other for "homepage") and both times it has returned the following message:-

Search results
There are no messages that match your search criteria. Please try some new keywords

even though I can see on the first page of helproom listings that these words are used in at least two of the postings.

Can anyone throw any light on this problem (maybe the FE) :-((

woodchip 14:36 14 May 04

It works on what is in the header post of the thread, That's why using a title that someone recognises is best

Stuartli 14:37 14 May 04

The Search facility is a complete waste of time at the moment.

woodchip 14:38 14 May 04

See what you mean it did not work with just explorer

woodchip 14:40 14 May 04

Yep it's pathetic

Chegs ® 14:41 14 May 04

The various keywords can take several days to appear in the "Search" results,but its well known that PCA Search is fastest if you manually scan the pages. ;-)

The PCA Search has often been critisized for its poor performance,although I can usually find what I'm looking for.I also often use google groups to find the info,as google "anything"(groups/images/news/more...) is almost 100% to get the info.I used to play around with google looking to get 1 return,but its nigh on impossible now.

Smiler 14:55 14 May 04

Thanks I'm glad I'm not the only one with probs. As Stuarti says its a complete waste of time at the moment.

end 18:36 14 May 04

ditto; I did one today for something, and nowt "returned"...one is "not alone"........( so where ARE these aliens abiding???)

Smiler 18:45 14 May 04

can you explain this predicament please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…