Seagate Freeagent Problem

inmymind 20:25 23 Jan 09

Hi,

I have a problem with my new FreeAgent Desktop 250GB drive . The device manager starts fine but it won't save any of my backup plans or let me use the manager for a manual backup. I click on Backup Now in the system tray (since the manager doesn't even have the manual backup button) but it just asks me to set what I want to back up (which it doesn't save) then returns me to the drives screen. I checked the backup log and it said that a backup was done but it says zero files where actually backed up.

HELP!!

Cheers

inmymind 08:28 24 Jan 09

I don't think its a problem with the actual harddrive as i can copy and paste files on to it. Just wanted to back up automatically like it should.

ened 08:41 24 Jan 09

I have one of those external drives and would not buy one again because the inbuilt software is crap.

After many exchanges with the software people their answer was to 'wait for an update'!!!

When I asked when it could be expected they basically said 'when it is ready'.

I find the drive itaelf very good but recommend you delete the installed software and either backup manually or get some other (reliable) software.

inmymind 08:48 24 Jan 09

Is there any free software out there?

inmymind 11:17 24 Jan 09

all sorted now, went to the seagate website and downloaded the backup software from there. Its slightly different to what came on the hard drive. But it works, thats the main thing.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…