Seagate Barracuda Serial ATA Unable To Find

ricpat 18:43 07 Nov 04

Please Help Have Following

Biostar P4VTB-AO2 VER 1.1 Motherboard
P-4 Intell 3-0 gig chip

Have enabled sata chip in the bios but unable to locate drive,
Have ran xp cd but again doe's not locate drive find's IDE drive's o/k,
Have tried to load seagate disc wizard after pressing F6 to load scsi and raid if required when loading widow's but it tell's me txt missing,
Do I need other driver,s or some other software have not used sata drive's before,
Am i missing something or have done I something wrong
With Thank's

chris05 18:51 07 Nov 04

I found this hope it helps click here chris :-)

bazb 20:03 07 Nov 04

try this link New SATA harddrive does not showup in Windows hope it helps

bazb 20:10 07 Nov 04

Sorry you need to type this into search to bring it up. New SATTA harddrive does not showup in Windows.

keith-236785 20:16 07 Nov 04

just wondering if you have enabled the correct sata connection on the mobo bios?

read somewhere that you have to enavle the correct one but as i niether have a sata drive or an MSI mobo, im not gonna go any further except to say that the sata drivers needed should have been on the floppy provided with the drive, or copied from the motherboard setup cd to a floppy drive to enable you to setup sata drives in windows by pressing F6 when it asks if you have any third party raid drivers.

good luck, i am thinking of getting one of seagates 160gig sata drives so will watch this thread

ricpat 21:18 07 Nov 04

No floppy driver's came with board?
Have enabled sata chip on board bios can find no other reference to sata drive in bios?

keith-236785 21:34 07 Nov 04

the details for installing sata on my mobo (asrock) is on the mobo cd under "raid setup guide", have a browse on your mobo cd for something relating to raid/sata setup

bazb 22:09 07 Nov 04

Hi ricpat

I installed a Seagate Sata drive a few weeks ago, at first it would not show up in My Computer so was unable to format, but was visible in Device Manager (shown as a SCSI Disk Device).

I downloaded Seagate DiscWizard, went through the install new harddrive routine, but new drve was not visible. Shut computer down then restarted it, discwizard started up and the new drive was then visible. I formatted the drive going through the add new drive, setting it up as the main drive and keeping the old one for backup. I had to go into Bios to make this Sata drive my 2nd boot CDrom 1st.

I did not install anything to do with Raid.

Sorry I can't put it any plainer.

Good luck

dan 11 22:26 07 Nov 04

The Sata driver disk is here,click here along with the other drivers. It is 6.93Mb in size.

The pide driver is with in a separate folder, but you should not need this putting on a floppy as the drive is not the boot drive. Extract the zip file to a folder on your desktop and run setup. This should get you going.

ricpat 21:13 10 Nov 04

thank's to all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…