Seagate Barracuda & Compatibilty issue with

Giggle n' Bits 14:20 03 May 06

NForce4 Chipset Motherboards. Myu Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLi and Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA II ST3160812AS HDD with firmware updated to 3.AAE apparently there is a compatibitly issue with My motherboard but I have seen aroud the web in other forums that other people have different manufacuter motherboards using Nvidia Nforce4 Chipset and have this problem.

On start up the windows XP logo when you get the Stobe thing sticks and it won't boot into Windows XP Home. Restart and it will got in XP desktop.

No one seems to know how to fix this it isn't a fault with the HDD or Motherboard but compatibilty in my view but to return either can be expensive cos of a restocking fee.

So, has anyone encountered this problem and got a known fix which is sensible please cos my new manchine is redundant till this is sorted. It also generates error 51 a paging fault Disk Error in windows XP home.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Totally-braindead 14:40 03 May 06

Duplicate thread click here

Totally-braindead 14:42 03 May 06

The solution? click here

Totally-braindead 14:44 03 May 06

Just reread your original thread and you've already done this haven't you.

Giggle n' Bits 14:47 03 May 06

Yes I have updated the Firmware to the latest from Seagate it is now 3.AAE ! This does not fix the problem.

Giggle n' Bits 15:02 03 May 06

Waiting for them to reply.

Giggle n' Bits 15:02 03 May 06

Waiting for them to reply.

Giggle n' Bits 20:15 03 May 06

Has anybody in this forum got a SATA II HDD either Seagate or Maxtor with a Nvidia NForce4 chipset motherboard and found they have a boot problem maybe ?

Totally-braindead 20:18 03 May 06

I've got 2 Seagate 80 gig SATA drivers on an ASUS motherboard with a NForce4 chipset and its fine. I believe the problem you are having is particular to this motherboard.
Sorry, I know thats no help.

Giggle n' Bits 20:31 03 May 06

click here that otherboards like Asus, DFI & Abit are effected. Thanks Totally-braindead very confused, don't know if I have a duff board. Other strange thing is My SATA II Seagate shows as a removable device in that icon where you stop your USB hardware in the system tray. Someone told me this is normal for SATA II. Very puzzled, have I got a faulty chipset on board or wrong BIOS Setting ?

Totally-braindead 20:37 03 May 06

I see. I had read about it and assumed wrongly that it was only the board you have that had this problem. I know its only the Seagate drives that have this problem, mines are SATA I so perhaps thats why they are unaffected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…