Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA II ST3160812AS

Giggle n' Bits 22:56 02 May 06

Firmware was sucessfully upgraded from 3.AAD to 3.AAE to fix a known bug with compatibilty issue with a Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLi Motherboard.

This is a new build and a new HDD I from cold start of the pc get to the boot where the Strobe are in WinXP and it can stick there for ages like 2 or more minutes I only have WinXP, Nero, Power DVD v5, PCi Express with newest Nvidia Driver Motherboard Bios updated to F9 from F6.

But this sticking problem when starting pc is worying. So I had a look in system events logs and found Error detected on device\Hardisk0\during a paging operation

Looked at Microsoft site click here & click here

This doesn't really help me to much. Have I got a problem with the HDD or Motherboard ? I am going to run a Full Seagate Diagnostic again now which was fine last time I ran it on Sunday.

Help please.

phil46 23:35 02 May 06

Have you got a jumper set incorrectly? you are are showing channel 0 SATA drives are set on channel 2.

Giggle n' Bits 23:55 02 May 06

Where do I say I am showing Channel 0 SATA ?

phil46 01:02 03 May 06

Quoted the error you were showing on your thread.

Giggle n' Bits 01:19 03 May 06

this is the error logging info I posted above and it HDD 0

Its a SATA II Seagate Barracuda and not got jumpers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…