Seagate Backup problems

cowgirl66 18:39 01 Oct 10

Hi, my friend has Windows 7 and a Seagate External hard drive and is trying to backup the C:\ drive to the E:\ drive, the Seagate one. The backup proceeds and a system shadow copy file is made successfully, but at the end of the process, it says that the backup has finished but some files were missed. When we click on the View missing files button, we read that E:\Seagate can not be backed up to the E:\ target drive.

The settings are for the C:\ drive to be backed up to the E:\ drive and only the C:\ drive so why is this happening?

We have used the SeaTools to check the drive and it comes back saying it has passed the test.

Please help!

Nontek 20:07 01 Oct 10

I would guess that your friend has mistakenly quoted the E: drive as both Source and Destination.

Try again, but this time make sure that Source & Destination are chosen correctly.

cowgirl66 09:21 02 Oct 10

If you mean Source is the Drive to be backed up and the Destination is the drive to be backed up to, then as I have said, these are the settings in Windows 7 Backup and Restore.

Nontek 09:49 02 Oct 10

In that case I would bypass Windows Backup & Restore, instead use Acronis True Image ...
click here

cowgirl66 10:21 02 Oct 10

I think too that would be the best option now, I really can't sort this one out and I'm afraid I'm out of my league on this one!

Thanks anyway.

lotvic 10:47 02 Oct 10

Seagate give you Acronis TI free with any Seagate or Maxtor Harddrive
It is called 'DiscWizard and you can download it from seagate.com click here
You just have to have at least one seagate or maxtor harddrive attached. It comes with good instructions in the .pdf you can download as well.

cowgirl66 19:52 02 Oct 10

Thank you very much, we have just downloaded it and it has made a complete backup of the C:\ with no trouble whatsoever. Hooray! and thank you for the advice.

Regards to both of you, cowgirl66

Nontek 21:09 02 Oct 10

Good, well done - thanks for your feedback.

woodchip 23:06 02 Oct 10

What about restoring the Image? can you create a rescue CD to Restore the Image with it. as its no good if not

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now