Seagate 1tb HDD not recognised?

Portal11 00:35 22 Aug 14

Hi guys its been a few years since ive been on here lol so hope everyones ok? Ive got a year old 1tb hdd with about 850gig full of files i need, i accidentally unplugged the power cable from it some weeks ago and since then its not recognised on my system? ive gone into "Computer Management" & changed the Drive letter but although it changed and the drive is recognised on "Partition Wizard" when i scan it, but its still not visible as a readable drive i cant see it or get into it anywhere? can anyone kindly help please?

BRYNIT 08:18 22 Aug 14

Does the HD work on another computer?

You could try TestDisk CLICK HERE never tried it myself. PCadvisor did review it in 2011 CLICK HERE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:29 22 Aug 14

Sounds like file system is damaged test disk is good but not for the "fainthearted"

Recuva may find all your file and you can then save them to another location. Once you have your data then reformat the drive to make it usable again

Portal11 12:27 22 Aug 14

BRYNIT/Fruitbat Many thanks guys!! the unfortunate thing is i dont have another drive spare to back everything up on? i will try the suggestions you have gave and get back on here many thanks again! ;-)

compumac 14:54 22 Aug 14

I do not know if there is a possible connection here, but I had a Seagate 2T external drive and I would sometimes lose connection. This was established after a while as being a faulty USB lead and Seagate replaced the lead and (I am not saying this, knowing my luck)has been OK ever since.

Might be worth trying just in case.

I do not know if there is a possible connection here, but I had a Seagate 2T external drive and I would sometimes lose connection. This was established after a while as being a faulty USB lead and Seagate replaced the lead and (I am not saying this, knowing my luck)has been OK ever since.

Might be worth trying just in case.

Hiccups?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video