sdhdjy.exe good or bad?

Martin-194386 09:57 08 Aug 05

WinXP Pro SP2 auto update on. Full McAfee Security Center installed and up to date.

McAfee Firewall Plus message sdhdjy.exe asking for internet access. I block, it asks again, I block, this repeats indefinitely. McAfee Support told me how to disable it. When I do this Windows tells me to change back to normal startup. When I do this sdhdjy.exe has reenabled itself and I'm back where I started. The only answer seems to be to allow sdhdjy.exe to have access. Is it safe or not?

Martin

Stuartli 10:42 08 Aug 05

That's a true mystery - can't find any references to sdhdjy.exe and that includes click here

Have you written it correctly?

gudgulf 13:23 08 Aug 05

Have you scanned your pc with anti-adware/spyware scanners such as Adaware ,a2 or Spybot Search & Destroy yet?

If you haven't then now would be a good time to do so.

Also check for the location of the file by using "Search" in the start menu.If it's in the Temporary files then it needs deleting.In fact a run of CleanUp click here would be a good idea(make sure you read the "How to use CleanUp" instructions first)to clear all your temporary files as many unwanted items can hide there.

ChrisRLG 14:57 08 Aug 05

sdhdjy.exe

That is random named baddie.

click here

Use that link and follow that advice to use the online scanners etc.

Then if those do not clear your problem post a HJT log at that or one of these other click here forums for assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…