sdhc card slot

bigdavey 08:52 22 Jun 08

my new laptop has an sd card slot which is very nice. how can i tell if it will accept the new high capacity sd format, which are going to handle up to 32gigs!

i don't think it will but how can i tell for sure without buying one and trying it?

thanks all

dave

Technotiger 09:07 22 Jun 08

I don't think the slot makes any difference - an SD slot will read an SD Card no matter what capacity the card is. At least that is how I see it, if I am wrong I am sure someone will soon come on and say so!

ICF 10:05 22 Jun 08

You have to have a slot specially for HCSD cards.So you will have to buy something like this
click here

Technotiger 10:08 22 Jun 08

Grreat - added to my Personal Knowledge Base LoL ...

martjc 10:08 22 Jun 08

...i.e. cameras, cannot read SDHC cards, so it would make sense that some readers would have trouble.

Am going to try to find some more info.

martjc 10:20 22 Jun 08

...Have you checked the specs and/or manual? If it runs sdhc, it will <probably> say in there somewhere.

martjc 10:21 22 Jun 08

...plain old SD readers that can and do read sdhc cards, but I can't seem to find a way of defining which.

g0nvs 10:29 22 Jun 08

SDHC cards will only be read by SDHC readers. Normal SDHC Readers WILL NOT read SDHC.

g0nvs 10:30 22 Jun 08

Should have read, Normal SD Readers WILL NOT read SDHC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…