SD memory chip

Bald Eagle 15:49 17 Dec 05

Looking to buy an SD chip for wife's digital camera. Can get 512 MB one for £23 or one that says High Speed (x66) for another £2. Would we notice a difference in performance? Also are these competitive prices?

Ray

gudgulf 16:03 17 Dec 05

The difference is in the transfer speed of the memory.The faster the rating the quicker the transfer of photos from memory card to computer.

Bear in mind the slowest will transfer 512MB in around 25 seconds(~2MB/s).....so you wont exactly be hanging around for long even with a standard SD rating.

Price wise that's about right.

Fingees 16:03 17 Dec 05

If you google for SD chip, you will find various prices. round about your price plus info about them.

It may help

Bald Eagle 17:01 17 Dec 05

Thanks to both of you for such a prompt reply.

Ray

Stuartli 20:28 17 Dec 05

I have both SD and MMC (MultiMediaCard) memory cards that I use for my digital camera and also with a card reader/writer to copy/transfer files etc.

I've never noticed much difference even though the MMC cards are supposed to be slower.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…