SD memory card error

wmm 14:32 05 Oct 04

Tried to transfer my photos from SD card onto hard disc. I was only able to transfer some, and then I was unable to open the files. they are jpeg files. Tried using all of my photo progs, but none would open the files. when I inserted the card back into my camera, it came up with card error, and the only thing it will let me do is format the card. I have not done this. Does anyone know how I can recover the files.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:40 05 Oct 04

From cfc msticks smartmedia etc.
Smart recovery click here

jack 14:46 05 Oct 04

There is lots of FREE software to download that allages to recover data from flash memory cards
down load some and give them a try - no promises
though. when done or given up -
reformat IN CAMERA

click here
click here
click here
click here

do these through google to cover any address error I may have made.

wmm 15:02 05 Oct 04

have tried the data recovery, it managed to find 7 files. But when I try to open them, I cannot, they are listed as jpeg, but none of my software will open them, help!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:06 05 Oct 04

InfranView click here will open jpg files

wmm 15:24 05 Oct 04

using irfan to open the files, I got various error messages - jpg decode error, bogus huffman table definition - next one, error jpg decode error, bogus marker length - next one, can't read file header, unknown file format...and so on. What to do now, give up, have tried 3 recovery progs, plus various photo software, all to no avail

jack 16:53 05 Oct 04

try the Convar then
If that doesnt nothing will.

wmm 21:19 05 Oct 04

tried convar, no luck, so decided on extreme measures. I formatted the card using the camera, then looked for a data recovery prog that would work with formatted drives. After 2 failures I found one that worked. It not only recovered everything on the card, but I was also able to open the photos as normal using any one of my photo software progs. In case anyone else has the same problem, the prog was called zero assumption digital image recovery. It was free, small download, sorry I did not take note of the address, but I am sure a search will bring it up. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:31 05 Oct 04

zero assumption digital image recovery click here

jack 19:48 06 Oct 04

Well done that man, another tool to the list.
Whilst on the subject.
A coolegue has a compect card go down - you may recall the Boots wrecked my pix string.
I had a go and got now where so He sent it off to a recovery service in Germany - They too had no luck but wanted money to return the card, which I soppose was fair enough postage etc.,
So my mate said dump the card.
Question are cards revoverable by simply reformatting or are once wrecked, stay wrecked.
Any thoughts?

Dorsai 19:59 06 Oct 04

Worth knowing. My Digicam uses SD cards...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…