SD memory

herc182 12:38 23 Jul 04

Dear all,

My girlfriend is currently in the USA working and will be coming back soon. In order to take advantage, i would like her to buy me a SD memory card (say 256-512mb memory). where is the best/cheapest place to get it online? and is there a problem with getting cheap memory like this (i.e. is it liable to corrupt easier etc...)
(The memory card is for my PDA)

Thanks

Phil

Diodorus Siculus 12:41 23 Jul 04

Try the US site of Crucial - click here

512MB $129.99 (USD)

256MB $58.99 (USD)

TomJerry 12:45 23 Jul 04

A 256MB SD card will cost £29 from ebuyer click here. You can find a lot of them there, different makers and different capacity. Just bought a Viking brand 256MB from them and it works fine with my Pentax Optio S4i.

Another place to look is valuemedia click here.

Maybe you could spend more on a Scandisk Ultra II SD card which is fater than normal SD card. Saw info about this, but not used any Ultra II yet, too expensive.

TomJerry 12:57 23 Jul 04

Some of my US contacts use newegg.com click here for many IT related products and they are happy with it.

If you go with big name like Sandisk, you will not go too wrong.

herc182 13:12 23 Jul 04

My PDA supports SD, SDIO and MMC. whats the difference and which is better (if any?).

Thanks again

tomtom10 13:25 23 Jul 04

I am sure that SD cards, like most purchases made abroad, will have to be 'declared' on arrival on UK shores, and that will add some extra costs on a 'bargain' purchase made overseas. If you intend to make a purchase here in the UK, try a good price comparison site like click here (select UK) or click here (Run by shopping.com). I hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…