SD Floppy drive

Daiol 14:46 25 Dec 07

Hi,Merry xmas to you all.Well my son bought me an internal floppy disc / sd card reader combined effort i have allready have a floppy drive fitted in my pc so i went to change it over today but the socket on the motherboard has two points now i have a plug on the end of the usb section cable with 4 wires Black on Green White & Red now how do place the plug which colour goes which way,if you understand my question i would be glad of some help please.daiol.

Diemmess 15:35 25 Dec 07

I'm a bit confused by your mention of a USB connection, but perhaps I'm still thinking in terms of several years ago when I bought a Flash Path (Floppy)card reader.

If we are talking about the same sort of device, then the thing that looks like a floppy has a slot/slots in it to take the card.

Even with XP you still need the supplied software to make the system recognise the "floppy" as a car reader, but there is no need to open the box. The existing floppy drive accepts it.

If I am way off the beam, I apologise

Daiol 17:19 25 Dec 07

Hi thanks for your help maybe i confused you a bit click here my writing what i meant was one of these.

Daiol 17:20 25 Dec 07

sorry try this link::click here

Daiol 17:22 25 Dec 07

or this one sorry for confusion.:click here

Technotiger 17:32 25 Dec 07

Hi, that is not a Floppy drive - it is simply a multi-card reader. It will fit into the spare Floppy drive bay and it should have a usb lead attched which plugs into one of the Rear USB sockets on your PC.

Technotiger 18:05 25 Dec 07

PS - I have a similar multi-card reader in my spare floppy slot, mine connects as I said above via a USB port on rear of my PC - However, it is possible that yours actually connects to USB pins on Motherboard, afraid it is not clear from the picture.

Daiol 18:09 25 Dec 07

yes it does connect to pins on the motherboard just want to know what colours go to which pins on m/board.thanks.daiol

Technotiger 18:11 25 Dec 07

What make/model Motherboard?

Technotiger 18:14 25 Dec 07

If you are not sure about Motherboard details, download and run SIW, then click on Motherboard in left-hand column and you will see all the details of it.

click here

Daiol 18:22 25 Dec 07

got it but what about which color goes where,board info here
Property Value
Manufacturer ECS
Model M825G
Version 1.0
Serial Number 00000000

Chipset Vendor VIA Technologies Inc
Chipset Model KM400 CPU to PCI Bridge
South Bridge VT8235 PCI to ISA Bridge
SMBus VIA Technologies Inc VT8235 PCI to ISA Bridge @0400h

CPU AMD Athlon XP
Cpu Socket Socket A [Socket-A]
Processor Upgrade
Max CPU Speed 3000 MHz

System Slots 2 PCI

Memory Summary
Maximum Memory Module Size 1024 MBytes
Maximum Capacity 2048 MBytes
Memory Slots 2
Name Physical Memory Array

Warning! Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now