sd to cf cards

joel42 12:16 05 May 06

I have some data stored on an SD card that I use in a PDA. I'd now like to start using a new pda that uses CF and not SD. Is there any way I can move/convert the data from one card to another?
Any help... in simple language would be greatly appreciated. The data is a UK map for TomTom5

De Marcus™ 12:23 05 May 06

You acould always nuy a simple card reader for a few pounds from a local shop and transfer that way. Word of warning though, is the Tom Tom data compatible with the new device?

Ikelos 12:27 05 May 06

drag all the contents out into a folder on the desktop then when the new card is in drag the lot back again, that is how i transfered mine from one tomtom card to another.

anchor 16:48 05 May 06

I doubt that it will be as simple as that. No problem in copying the data over using a card reader, the main problem will be getting it to work on the new PDA.

The maps are registered with work with one PDA; your original. This is deliberately done to prevent people using the software on more than one device; (possible piracy). A possible answer is to contact TomTom support and explain the position; they may help.

TomTom support UK phone number: 0845 161 0009

(be prepared for a wait to speak to someone).

anchor 17:01 05 May 06

Just thought you would not need to use a card reader.

Connect you old PDA and, using MS ActiveSync,
copy the contents of the SD card to a new folder on your hard disc.

Then connect the new PDA, and again using MS ActiveSync, copy the contents of the folder onto the CF card.

I still think that, without help from TomTom, it is questionable if it will work in the new PDA.

Nevertheless, its worth trying.

anchor 17:03 05 May 06

If you don`t have MS ActiveSync it can be downloaded free here:

click here

joel42 18:10 05 May 06

Thanks to all-once again great help from forum members

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…