SD Card and XP Problem

unclepaul 14:49 08 Jan 08

My wife purchased an Agfa Digital Picture Frame for Christmas. I purchased a 1GB SD card for it and tried to download around 250 photos from my e-machines computer - this runs on Windows XP. The SD card will take around 200 phots, then stops with an error message saying it can not read the file or directory (even though there is loads of space left on the disk). I have tried a 2GB card, but again it stops at the same point with the same error message. Using my company laptop (a Vaio), which also runs on XP, makes no difference - same message. I tried deleting some of the photos already on the card, but these were only replaced by some of the pictures I couldn't download before and then the same error message comes up. So I know it is not the card, the images (all JPEG) or the computer - is the operating system causing the problem? And, if so, how do I get around it? My daughter has a laptop which is running Vista Premium - would this make a difference?

Crash 15:21 08 Jan 08

One of the files could be corrupted try copying small batches at a time to find were the problem is.

unclepaul 15:31 08 Jan 08

Hello, I have already tried deleting the current pictures and replacing with new ones, but the same thing occurs again, once a certain amount of photos is reached, it just raises an error message and will not download any more.

Stuartli 15:42 08 Jan 08

It's most likely that there is a capacity limit for the memory cards which can be handled.

If you are using a memory card reader/writer try a model that will be able to handle up to 4GB capacity memory cards.

unclepaul 15:49 08 Jan 08

Thanks for the reply. All I am doing is copying info from 'My Pictures' on my PC to the SD card - I wouldn't have thought there would have been a capacity issue. Even then, my Sony VAIO has the same problem when reaching a certain amount of photos - on either the 1GB or 2GB card. I am not using a separate card reader, as such.

Crash 15:54 08 Jan 08

Try setting the photos up in different folders with fifty in each to see if that works

unclepaul 15:55 08 Jan 08

Thanks, I'll give that a try and let you know!

unclepaul 08:38 09 Jan 08

Many thanks - problem sorted - smaller files are the answer, it seems!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos