SD card - where have all my photos gone?

PC_HelpMe 21:10 17 May 08

I have a 1GB SD card that I have been taking photos of my new baby on. I took it out of my camera and put it in a card reader and attached it to my computer to view the photos.

The computer started freezing up (I don't know if this was to do with the SD card or not), so I disconnected the card reader from the computer. Since this happened, I've tried using/accessing the card again, but no matter what I put the card in, it comes up saying that the card needs formatting. I therefore can't even "explore" the card to even find any photos as it just says it needs formatting. I didn't delete the card, but could disconnecting it from the computer while it was playing up have corrupted my SD card and deleted my photos?

Technotiger 21:21 17 May 08

could disconnecting it from the computer while it was playing up have corrupted my SD card .......

Yes, I am afraid to say that is what appears to have happened. There is a slight possibility that you might rescue the pics if you download and install a suitable Digital Image Recovery program, perhaps find one on Google.

rawprawn 21:21 17 May 08

Don't format, and before you do anything else try this recovery program click here

Technotiger 21:23 17 May 08
  PC_HelpMe 21:39 17 May 08

rawprawn - thanks for your suggestion, although it said "unable to read boot sector".

skidzy 21:52 17 May 08

Jayzee33,firstly do not write to the card at all...basically do not try to use it.

There are many recovery programs out there,

Testdisk Photo rec click here

PCInspector click here

PC_HelpMe 21:52 17 May 08

Thanks also to Technotiger - although again, this did not recognise the card either :-(

rawprawn 21:52 17 May 08

What Operating System?

rdave13 21:56 17 May 08

Courtesy of woodchip; click here

PC_HelpMe 22:13 17 May 08

skidzy - you are great - photo recovery worked!!!! I had no idea what I was doing - but I recognised the memory size of the SD card that came up on screen, and it has brought up the photos - but also with the same amount of weird text files too.

Thank you to you all for your time.

Technotiger 22:16 17 May 08

Grreat - thanks for your feedback.

Well done skidzy .......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…