SD Card Size Checker

Scott_the_Scot 18:30 30 Mar 09

Does any one now of any software that can check the actual size of an SD card. I have bought a 16GB on eBay and want to be sure that it is genuine.

woodchip 18:56 30 Mar 09

Right click it then Properties

Scott_the_Scot 19:07 30 Mar 09

This will only show you what the card has been programmed to show as it's formatted size. I want a way of finding out it's genuine size is.

Kevscar1 19:10 30 Mar 09

It can't be formatted to show a larger size than it is. But if you still don't believe then reformat it yourself

Scott_the_Scot 22:10 30 Mar 09

Let me try and explain this better. A large number of memory cards bought these days have been formatted in a way that makes them seem that they are larger than they actually are. I am looking for a piece of software that can tell me the true size of the memory card.

tullie 22:12 30 Mar 09

You may be right,but i havent found this so far.

woodchip 22:21 30 Mar 09

Could be right, as I have a Program that lets you format a Floppy to get more space on it than 1.4Mb

bigbob2011 22:31 01 Sep 11

There is a program called chechcap that does this on a sd card. It will tell you what the full size is of the sd.So if you have one that tells you 16gb on the out side this program will tell you it is a 16gbb or say a 2 gb. My mate as got it on is computer and he can not thing where he got it from. So if you find it please let me know [email protected] as i do not understand the computer well and reading what some words mean gets me lost. BUT THIS PROGRAM DOES WORK 100% Bob

bigbob2011 22:32 01 Sep 11

There is a program called chechcap that does this on a sd card. It will tell you what the full size is of the sd.So if you have one that tells you 16gb on the out side this program will tell you it is a 16gbb or say a 2 gb. My mate as got it on is computer and he can not thing where he got it from. So if you find it please let me know [email protected] as i do not understand the computer well and reading what some words mean gets me lost. BUT THIS PROGRAM DOES WORK 100% Bob

Nontek 08:43 02 Sep 11

You might have the name wrong. Googling 'chechcap' does not bring up any results dealing with sd cards.

Peter 10:11 02 Sep 11

bigbob2011

You could try copying some large files, say a DVD, into several folders, until the drive is full or use a programme like H2testw available from http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009/08/26/test-and-detect-fake-or-counterfeit-usb-flash-drives-bought-from-ebay-with-h2testw/ to do it automatically.

This programme fills the drive with test files and then verifies them.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…