SD card recovery issue

wendyun 09:08 AM 16 Apr 12

Recently I had to help a friend recover some important files that she had accidentally deleted from her SD card. She was in a panic, and don’t know how to deal with this problem. Here is what I did:

Firstly, I checked the recycling bin on her computer, but she had already emptied the recycle bin. I don't know why she did that and so that didn't help.

Secondly, I tried a software which I searched from Google. The software was called Card Data Recovery. It has Windows version as well as Mac version designed separately for Windows and Mac users. I downloaded and ran Card Data Recovery for Windows on her SD card. It took a few minutes to scan her entire SD card. However, the program is a shareware, I could only preview the deleted files on the task list, if I want to recover the lost data, i need to pay for $19.95. Can you recommend me some free nice SD card file recovery program?

Peter 09:31 AM 16 Apr 12

wendyun,

You could try Recuva (Free version) from Piriform.

Recuva Free

Peter.

Peter 09:44 AM 16 Apr 12

wendyun,

I don't know what happened to my link to the Recuva Free download, but you can copy and paste the link below.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download

Peter.

wendyun 10:37 AM 16 Apr 12

Thanks, peter.I have successfully get back the lost photos with the program you recommended.

Peter 11:30 AM 16 Apr 12

wendyun,

Glad it solved your problem. Thanks for the feedback. Please apply the RESOLVED green tick.

Peter.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things