SD card recovery issue

wendyun 09:08 AM 16 Apr 12

Recently I had to help a friend recover some important files that she had accidentally deleted from her SD card. She was in a panic, and don’t know how to deal with this problem. Here is what I did:

Firstly, I checked the recycling bin on her computer, but she had already emptied the recycle bin. I don't know why she did that and so that didn't help.

Secondly, I tried a software which I searched from Google. The software was called Card Data Recovery. It has Windows version as well as Mac version designed separately for Windows and Mac users. I downloaded and ran Card Data Recovery for Windows on her SD card. It took a few minutes to scan her entire SD card. However, the program is a shareware, I could only preview the deleted files on the task list, if I want to recover the lost data, i need to pay for $19.95. Can you recommend me some free nice SD card file recovery program?

Peter 09:31 AM 16 Apr 12

You could try Recuva (Free version) from Piriform.

Recuva Free

Peter 09:44 AM 16 Apr 12

I don't know what happened to my link to the Recuva Free download, but you can copy and paste the link below.

wendyun 10:37 AM 16 Apr 12

Thanks, peter.I have successfully get back the lost photos with the program you recommended.

Peter 11:30 AM 16 Apr 12

Glad it solved your problem. Thanks for the feedback. Please apply the RESOLVED green tick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11