SD Card reading problem, please help!

spice521 16:54 27 Apr 07

Hello

I havea SD card from my digital camera, all of a sudden it will not let me read anything from it.

It closes down the camera, and when I put into a pc it does nothing, does not load etc.

Is there any programs I can download to try a and retreave the pictures?

Any help will be great

Thank you lots

Marcus

Pineman100 18:23 27 Apr 07

When you put the card into your pc card reader, does it appear in Windows Explorer, with a drive letter?

If so, you could try formatting the card, although this would of course lose any images on it. I'm not sure whether chkdsk will work on the card, but it might be worth a try before you format.

Pineman100 14:13 05 May 07

Are you going to respond or have you lost interest? If you have, then please mark this thread as resolved.

spice521 13:38 10 May 07

Hello

Sorry

Just had broadband installed and it wont work.

No nothin comes up, the pc beeps but thats it

Any ideas?

Thanks lots

Marcus

Pineman100 14:50 13 May 07

Sorry, but can you be a bit more detailed?

Have you looked in Windows Explorer or My Computer to see whether - once it's plugged in - the card is showing up and has a drive letter allocated to it?

If your PC has a multiple card reader, then when you plug a card into any of the slots you will probably find that several new drive letters will allocated - one for each of the slots. Click on each one in turn and see whether there are any folders or files shown.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:01 13 May 07

Ffrom cfc msticks smartmedia etc.
Smart recovery click here
zero assumption click here
Restor Pen Drives click here

spice521 14:47 15 May 07

No nothin comes up, in exploer or my computer, i have tried various pc's and ports but no letter comes up?

Thanks all for your help

Cheers

Spice521

Gongoozler 15:12 15 May 07

If the card even closes down the camera I think we have to assume that it's faulty. I think its best to dispose of it and buy a new one. It's not worth the risk of it damaging the camera or your card reader.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…