SD card readers and Various PCs Query

Demora 20:42 22 Mar 08

Hi.

I have a desktop pc AMD Athlon64 3400 1gigRam running XPpro Connected to this is a unknown make card reader and my Epson R600 All in one printer. Neither the card reader or the printer will read a 4gig HC (fast) SD card.

BUT My Novatech Razor laptop has a built in card reader and that will read these newer SD cards. My question is (before I start messing around.....Tinkering.....)

Is this a driver issue or must I buy yet another card reader? The reason for my question is that yesterday I backed up my Nokia N95 mobile phone to the memory card and for some unknown reason the phone has now locked up. My daughter has borrowed my laptop and wont be home before I can take my phone to o2 shop for them to re flash it.

TIA

D

Stuartli 20:46 22 Mar 08

You have to use a memory card reader/writer that is capable of handling the larger capacities.

Originally the limit tended to be 512MB, then 1GB and, over time, 2GB.

Most online retailers these days detail the maximum capacity a memory card reader/writer can handle.

Demora 20:51 22 Mar 08

I thought that might be the case..... yet another card reader to lose to one of the kids. Ah well thanks for that so quickly Stuartli.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…