sd card not recognised on window 7

nutty norm 10:30 AM 04 Nov 12

i put the sd card on my computer click my computer and then say Format it then says Widows was unable to complete the format,what is happening, i think i may have to go and buy another card which is bit regretable since only having it about 6 months along with the camera Nikon coolpix s400, nutty norm.

rdave13 10:32 AM 04 Nov 12

Can you format it in the camera?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:04 AM 04 Nov 12

WHy didn't you stay with the same thread for your problem with your SD cards

northumbria61 14:27 PM 04 Nov 12

*Fruit Bat /\0/* - thanks - I have just posted to the other one.

nutty norm 16:29 PM 04 Nov 12

from Nutty Norm thanks to fruit bat and Northumbria 61 i have tried these suggestions, from yesterday, the computer gave me no joy so i formatted the card on the camera, then took a few photo on the clean card and i am still getting no joy, fruit bat i dont know how do spot the card readers on the device management, i have tried the card again on the computer and its still saying it needs formating before it can be recognised,its all double dutch to me, would it be wise to go and get a new card and try it again , i can get my pictures on the computer by plugging it in through the USB, but not with the SD Card nutty norm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know