sd card not recognised by e drive cars reader

foot2thefloor 23:45 04 Sep 06

i recently got a mini sd card with adaptor 2gb , when i install card , the e drive says i need to install card even though the card is already in , have i got a duff card , i got it from 7dayshop.com its not a named card, i seem to hear a lot of problems about 2gb cards is mine just another one of those

bruno 07:16 05 Sep 06

Have you got it the right way up?Does it work in anything else?I have bought SD cards from there before and they have always been fine.

foot2thefloor 17:37 05 Sep 06

yes its the right way up, yes it works in a panasonic camera and my tv , but the pc wont except it

skidzy 18:04 05 Sep 06

Try formatting the card first if you havnt already.

Does the system read other cards ok ?

Try running Belarc with the card inserted,this will tell you if it is recognised. click here there may be problem of the system reading the size of the card,especially if it reads smaller cards.

Hope this helps.

bruno 19:02 05 Sep 06

It may be the adaptor that is faulty. If it works on two other appliances the card must be ok.As Skidzy says,if you have another card you can try it will prove the connection between the card reader and the motherboard are working.

bruno 19:03 05 Sep 06

It may be the adaptor that is faulty. If it works on two other appliances the card must be ok.As Skidzy says,if you have another card you can try it will prove the connection between the card reader and the motherboard are working.

bruno 19:04 05 Sep 06

Whoops.pressed twice.

foot2thefloor 17:37 06 Sep 06

as soon as i put the sd card in it makes the pc go spazzy and just says insert card

skidzy 18:12 06 Sep 06

If there is nothing to valuable on the card,format the card in the camera first.
Got to admit though,sounds like a faulty card.

Earlier we asked if other cards worked ok in the reader...do they work.

foot2thefloor 18:15 06 Sep 06

ok its given me the option to format , its not locked and it trys to format , but all says is the card cannot be formatted

foot2thefloor 18:25 06 Sep 06

ok camera has formatted the card , put it in the pc and it asks me to format it again and again it tells me the card cannot be formatted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…