SD Card limit on PDA

belayer 16:31 11 Sep 07

I have a Compaq iPAQ 3870 PDA and have just bought a 4GB SD card for it, but it won't read it at all (2GB is OK), does anybody know if there is a size limit that would rule out a 4GB SD?

It could be a faulty card but I have no way of testing it.

Dizzy Bob 18:13 11 Sep 07

click here

Your device probably cannot read SDHC cards, so unless there is a firmware update available from Compaq / HP it looks like you are stuck with 2GB max.

DB

six-h 18:30 11 Sep 07

I have a 4 year old camera and a 3 year old MP3 player bought from Aldi.
Both accept SD cards, and I bought a 1GB card, hoping to use it with the MP3 player mainly, but neither device will "See" more than 512mb.
I had thought that maybe I could use this 512mb on the MP3, and "create" an additional folder with the camera's designated label, and maybe it would "See" this, and allow me to use the other 512mb for photos.
I experimented using a 128mb card, and it seemed to work but I'm loathe to try it at the moment with the 1GB card in case it becomes locked up.
What do you think?

belayer 19:45 11 Sep 07

Thanks for that - looks like I wasted £20! I can try and sell it on ebay maybe. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…