scvhost/Trojan

flobby 10:17 14 Feb 05

Hi, I have an irc trojan and I cannot get rid. I am running Norton antivirus with the latest updates, when i try to do a full scan it closes down my computer I have used Trojan remover which, after Norton telling me I have the virus then shuts down the computer. I have also used Adware,Spybot S&D and am now using the new Microsoft anti spyware.In fact I think I have tried every avg and spyware remover (that is free)but my system sill closes down.It gives the BSD telling me it is saving my computer from damage.
I have looked into processes and found I have SCVHOST.EXE.which I believe is a Trojan? here is the list.SCVHOST.EXE system-4060kb; Local Service-4328kb;Network Service-3088kb;System -21,872kb;Network service-3088kb;System-4552kb.
I am running XP Pro and on cable broadband.
Cheers, Flobby

LeadingMNMs 10:25 14 Feb 05

svchost.exe is a normal process, but I think that it can also be a trojan, so its hard to tell which it is. On my system I have 6 instances of it showing in Task Manager, 3 as System Processes, 2 Network Services and 1 Local Service.

I suspect that svchost is needed for the computer to run and hence the computer has to shutdown when it is removed, or at least stopped.

flobby 10:37 14 Feb 05

hi LeadingMNM's.
I searced in google for SCVHOST and all the replys said it was a virus ,here is just one reply
scvhost - scvhost.exe - Process Information
Process File: scvhost or scvhost.exe
Process Name: W32/Agobot-S virus

Description:
scvhost.exe is a process which is registered as the W32/Agobot-S virus. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately. Please see additional details regarding this process

Cheers, Flobby

flobby 10:57 14 Feb 05

Hi.Again.
Just to clarify that is SVCHOST on my computer.
Although google gives both SVC and SCV as a trojan.
Cheers. Flobby

LeadingMNMs 11:03 14 Feb 05
  Alan H E 11:10 14 Feb 05

Do a search for Svchost.com or Svchost.con in Windows/System32 folder - if there could be Zafi worm. Use McAfee Stinger tool to remove.

curlylad 11:12 14 Feb 05

This link will take you straight to the removal tool download window click here

curlylad 11:17 14 Feb 05

Sorry mate that link doesn't work , try this click here

flobby 11:49 14 Feb 05

Hi curlylad,
Used the link and done the scan. It found 0
Cheers.
Flobby

gudgulf 12:03 14 Feb 05

Have you tried Stinger yet? click here

Alan H E 12:18 14 Feb 05

Info here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…