is scvhost a trojan/virus or not

aka51 16:49 13 Feb 05

i have 2 entrys in msconfig of scvhost.exe.after doing a google search all the returns suggest spyware.only search return on this site suggest running ad aware/spybot/ccleaner etc which i,v done.still there though.help.

rawprawn 16:57 13 Feb 05

Untick the entries in msconfig and turn system restore off, then scan again

961 17:00 13 Feb 05

Info at click here

aka51 17:15 13 Feb 05

thanks...will follow/read both pieces of advice.

Eargasm 17:29 13 Feb 05

It looks like you have a problem there, have a look at vog's advice at click here it might help.

aka51 18:15 13 Feb 05

thanks for helping.i only checked msconfig when things started to slow.(just experience)i turned off system restore and 1 entry of scvhostexe. went from msconfig.i,v run a squared..all clear.ad aware..all clear.spybot came up with the usual dso exploit which i,v fixed via the programs advance settings.i think eargasm is right.must say though that i,v only downloaded said utilities and installed a new printer last week.where do these virus,s,trojans come from.i,v spywareblaster,avg,zonealarm,spyware guard running and up to date.will using the pc,s recovery disk do what it say,s on the box,ie return to factory state.doe,s the hard drive and registry get totally wiped/cleaned ?.as usual thanks for great help.

dogbreath1 18:54 13 Feb 05

click here to confirm that you have a nasty. Where does it come from... one thing's for sure, running Firefox as your default browser will dramatically reduce your chances of infection.

ade.h 20:05 13 Feb 05

click here This will also help to differentiate the legitimate from the suspect.

aka51 20:06 13 Feb 05

thanks for input.i worded the post the way i did because of a conflicting read after doing google search.scVhost is a virus/sCvhost is,nt whatever.will read and take in all links,then i think use rescue disk.i,ll also take a look at firefox browser.once again many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…