scusi and usb connections

James xp 12:28 13 Sep 03

hi everyone. We have a new system that does not have a scusi connection for my artec scanner. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy an adapter that will allow me to plug the scanner into a usb port on my cpu?

thanks

Jimr

wiznyme 12:36 13 Sep 03

Check with Belkin they make adapters for just about every type of interface.

john-232317 14:42 13 Sep 03

If not take the scsi card out the old pc and put it in the new one,,

wee eddie 22:05 13 Sep 03

Before you go to much trouble, check that the scanner will work with XP.

Many companies have not gone to the trouble to write drivers for SCSI machines as they sold in such small numbers.

It may well be worth keeping your old PC in the corner, just to run the Scanner

oglemire 22:17 13 Sep 03

you cant convert usb to scsi ... most new adaptec PCI SCSI adapters will work on XP (if thats what you have) you will not have to load separate drivers for the card.. plus you get the standard 50pin external interface... i say this from experience

wiznyme 03:39 14 Sep 03
  James xp 08:24 14 Sep 03

Thanks everyone............Due to the cost of the adapters and the possible lack of use of the scanner. Think we will just leave it attached to the old machine and use it from there. The scanner was purchased in 1997 to be used with windows 95, so now have some doubts about it working with xp. Will hit the resolved button now. thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…