scsi/raid host controllers

SCROOGE2 21:50 28 Jul 08

Hi,while i was in device manager i noticed that there was a yellow exclamation mark against scsi/raid host controller so i clicked on it and the properties page tells me that manufacturer and location unknown status is "windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in registry)is incomplete or damaged (code 19)
click troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device".Under device usage:use this device (enable).Is this part important and what will happen if i just leave it as is.win xp sp2.

Ditch999 15:47 29 Jul 08

If everything works ok then you do not need it.
Your BIOS must have the RAID function enabled and that is why it shows in Device Manager. If you wanted to you could install the drivers for it from your Motherboard CD.

SCROOGE2 22:09 29 Jul 08

Ditch999, thanks for that info would this have any connection with the fact that w.m.player will not recognise my disc drives to record music tracks ?

Ditch999 13:01 30 Jul 08

No. If you can see your disk drives (HDD or CDROM?) in Windows Explorer then that is not the problem.

It is possible that it refers to a SATA drive (some boards label them as SCSI) but again, if all your hardware is working then it's doubtful.

Did you try installing drivers from the motherboard cd? Or in Device Manager go to Properties of it and click on Update or Install Drivers and point it to the CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant