SCSI to USB cable/adaptor

Gibcol 10:43 20 May 03

I have a scanner with SCSI connection but my new computer only offers USB. Before instlling a SCSI card can anyone update me on this subject? Postings in 2001 on this seem to indicate that such a connection is possible but in Feb 2003 the advice is that such a connection isn't possible.
Anyone more recent information?

Tog 11:20 20 May 03

50 pin SCSI/USB convertors are available click here. and from Belkin.

Gibcol 16:38 20 May 03

Many thanks whodathunkit

mrdsgs 18:26 20 May 03

they do exist but at arond £70 plus VAt you would be better off geeting a cheap PCI SCSI Card on eBay for around £20.00 or a really good LVD SCSI card for around £40.00 (such as Adaptec 2940U2W). Then you can add SCSI zip drives, hard drives cd, cdrw, dvd etc.

As you may have gathered I'm a SCSI fan.

SCSI is much more flexible the IDE and much is now very cheap, and much faster than IDE or usb 1

Mike

Gibcol 10:35 21 May 03

Many thansk mrdsgs.
I do still have an Adaptec card on the old machine which I can remove and re-install I just thought it simpler if I could do it via one of the 6 USB prots I have now but at the prices you suggest I think I will be sqwapping the card over.
many thanks again.
Gibcol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…