SCSI Target Error when using Nero

Newuser4165 13:09 21 Oct 03

I am getting this error message when attempting to burn a cd using nero 5.I am also unable to burn a cd using WinXP's own burning program.Nero has been fine up to now.
What has caused this?
I am using WinXP Home with uptodate ASPI layer on a Sony CRX140E rewriter.

Chegs ® 13:18 21 Oct 03

7. I keep getting a "SCSI Target" Error when using Nero. Why?

Normally caused by CDR or CDRW media the recorder is unable to work with.
Or the media could be defective, or just not compatible with the recorder.
Cables are known to cause this, loose cables, damaged cables, loose power connectors, etc.
Defective recorders are known to cause this. Test with another demo software to rule out software as the cause.
If two software programs have the same symptom, your recorder may need service.
If the drive is being polled by another software programs drivers, it could hang the bus. Uninstall any other CD Recording software you may have had on your system, as well as Nero.
Then use Registry cleaner software to clean you systems Registry. And then try a fresh install of our latest Nero software.
Check our helptool which provides even more information about this problem at: click here

Newuser4165 19:09 21 Oct 03

Thanks for the reply chegs.
I don't think it is the disks since they were working on this writer about 2 weeks ago and continue to work on another Sony writer - crx1611.
Your other suggestion - defective drive - looks more likely at the moment since another burning program (ProShow Gold)won't work any more either.

I'll swap the drive into another pc and see if it works there.

R4 19:20 21 Oct 03

If you have Nero installed on your system it is a known that it causes problems with other CD/DVD writing. see:- click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now