scsi scanner on ME/XP network

cleggy 15:46 13 Aug 04

I have an Agfa Snapscan 300 connected to a pc running Me which is networked to the host computer running XP and I have been trying to access the scanner from the host with no luck.
I have to switch the scanner on before booting the Me computer after which everything works fine on the Me PSP7 can find it, Belarc Advisor can find it but I cant which means I cant set it to share, if I set the software fotolook 2.09.04 to share all goes well until part way through load when I get not enough memory or fail cant find english.msg in the Twain folder.

Any ideas

madPentium 16:10 13 Aug 04

sorry i dont. I am interested however in the benefits of a scanner on a network? Surely everyone has to leave their place of work to put something into the scanner? Also only one person at a time can use it. Seems more sensible to me, to have a workstation dedicated to the scanner.

cleggy 16:30 13 Aug 04

madpentium its a home network and its only to save transfer time after scanning years of photos into the Me m/c, I dont need a scive set-up I am retired

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…