scsi drive not being seen

bilko 30 Dec 12

I had to replace my eide dvd drive because of failure and as all my sata ports are being used i fitted a pci serial ata controller card. I connected the new dvd drive and a new 500gb wd hd to the card. The hd is being seen in set up (F2) but windows 7 is not showing the drive in my computer so i cannot accesss the drive to formatt it or use it. Set up is showing it as a raid drive? Any ideas? Thanks for looking

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 30 Dec 12

Is it showing in Device manager?

bilko 30 Dec 12

Yes and it states it is working correctly

bilko 30 Dec 12

Pc is set for non-raid

Can you not right click initialise and format in there?

bilko 30 Dec 12

No unable to access drive at all even though it is in devices managager

Set to ACHI in BIOS and retry

bilko 30 Dec 12

What does ACHI mean and do?

Finger error

AHCI mode

bilko 30 Dec 12

Tried AHCI mode but pc stalled when booting into windows, tried raid but in end had to set back to non raid. Any ideas?

Secret-Squirrel 31 Dec 12

"Yes and it (Device Manager) states it is working correctly."

It's reassuring that the PC's BIOS and Device Manager can see the drive. It's almost certainly missing in the "Computer" section because it hasn't yet been assigned a drive letter. Have a look here for instructions on how to partition, set a drive letter, and format your new drive using Windows 7's "Disk Management console".

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message