Scrolling/visual problems

jimnastic 19:01 29 Jul 10

I have recently formatted my pc and reloaded windows xp home as my o/s. Since I have done this my pc seems to struggle playing videos (eg you tube/BBC iplayer). It seems to load it one section at a time and then jumps a second later so the picture is never flowing. This also happens when scrolling up or down the screen flickers then jumps up/down an inch. A moving picture never flows. I am at a total loss how to fix it can anyone please advise? Thanks in advance

rdave13 19:54 29 Jul 10

Have you installed the graphics drivers? After a reinstall you need to reinstall all your motherboard drivers and graphics card drivers.

jimnastic 19:58 29 Jul 10

I had an idea that was the problem but I wouldn't know where to start and what the graphics cards are called can you advise please?

rdave13 20:01 29 Jul 10

If you've not updated any hardware in your PC then your motherboard drivers disc should have all the drivers needed. Hopefully you have one.

jimnastic 20:08 29 Jul 10

This sounds complicated I'm pretty sure I don't have a motherboard disk

rdave13 20:15 29 Jul 10

What is the make and model of your PC? That will help to find out what drivers are needed.
If you download SIW that will show your hardware.
Under the 'hardware' heading, on left hand side, click on video. Should show the GPU you've got.
click here and select the free version.

jimnastic 00:08 30 Jul 10

Thanks il be sure to give it a go

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac