Scrolling with XP

blodgett 16:22 15 Apr 04

I have searched but have been unable to find how to cure my scrolling problem.(If their is a cure!)
When scrolling either with the mouse wheel or using the scroll columns, it nearly always starts very slowly and then gathers great momentum with the result that overshoots of the intended item occur . However there are occasions when scrolling is "normal"
There is never a smooth scoll, if not scroll, which I had using Me.
Sorry if the answer is obvious but some of us "crumblies" need help.

Stuartli 16:31 15 Apr 04

Try right clicking on the scroll bar and using the menu - if this is too limited go to your mouse's Properties and alter the configuration as necessary.

Open Device Manager>Dduble-click Mice and other pointing devices>double-click on the name of the mouse to configure.

On the Advanced Settings tab>Wheel Detection>click Look for Wheel.

anon1 17:18 15 Apr 04

You could check for updated drivers too from the makers of the mouse. I had a similar problem about a year ago and it turned out to be a driver problem.

blodgett 17:49 15 Apr 04

Thanks for the info will try suggestions

josie mayhem 18:36 15 Apr 04

Try up-dating or reinstalling your graphic card drivers. I've got this problem at the moment, but this because I've just reformatted the hard drive. Happens everytime. But once I install the hercules driver for my graphic card, then it will stop. Works for me everytime.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…