Scrolling a web page up or downin ie6 is so slow

Prodigy786 00:04 25 Aug 03

Web pages download as they did before with no problems but typing text like this message in ie6 is so slow, as is scrolling up or down the web page, highlighting text and the right click menu box takes ages to appear, all this has started happening recently what can I do to speed up its actions to my commands such as the above.
Due to its very slow response I have started using Opera, this does not suffer at all from the above problems. I prefer using ie6 because it saves web pages in mht format which is very neat & tidy.

Your help & advice in this matter will be greatly appreciated

Prodigy786

hugh-265156 00:18 25 Aug 03

are the drivers for the graphics card installed? if they are not then this can make scrolling slow and jerky.ati click here nvidia click here

or

try a disk cleanup and runnning a disk check and defrag.then updating windows and explorer to version 6 if not already done so. click here failing that try a repair of IE add remove programs/add remove windows components/

DieSse 00:18 25 Aug 03

As a first step, try clearing out temp files and the temporary internet files.

Simple way to do this is to run Disk Cleanup

Start - Proggies - Accessories - System Tools - Disk Cleanup.

DieSse 00:20 25 Aug 03

Yes huggyg71 is right about graphics drivers - also motherboard drivers should be up to date for bset graphics card and disk drive performance.

shedend 02:01 25 Aug 03

Strange, I've just come on here to see if I can solve exactly the same problem. I've just spent over four hours updating all the drivers, disabling start up software and trying everything I can do make it work.(clearing Temp Cache, scandisk, defrag, I also have Opera and it works fine in that too.

I'm stumped for ideas now. Anybody?

Cheers

Dave

shedend 15:16 25 Aug 03

Alright I'm all sorted. Seems it was CoolWebSearch that was deep in my PC, there is a utility that will remove all traces of it at click here

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…