Scrolling operations - I can hear them!

DocP 17:54 06 Jun 07

I have a Dell Precision with XP Pro and a Gina3G digital sound card. Recently I have noticed that I can faintly hear certain operations which are - of course - normally silent. The best example is during scrolling a list of files in explorer, though if I listen carefully I can hear individual arrow keystrokes. The sound is coming via the card->amp->loudspeakers.

I had this 20 years ago with an Amstrad 1512 (remember them?), when I convinced myself the sound came from the processor, not it's little speaker.

Everything else is fine, so I am just curious, and wonder if anyone else has noticed this.

Philip

wee eddie 18:37 06 Jun 07

Control Panel > Sounds & Audio Devices > Sounds

DocP 15:25 07 Jun 07

Yep - tried all settings on sound scheme - makes no difference. Sound is currently heard via digital sound card. I could remove this to see if sound defaults to internal speaker, but that would mean moving the piano, getting under my desk and a re-installation, and I'm not sure how many years I have left on this earth... I suspect it would default to speaker.

wee eddie 17:45 07 Jun 07

I seem to remember, in the days when I thought that others would be impressed by a fancy Desktop, that I tried several before reverting to the Standard one.

I had Cats miaowing, Cars accelerating & skidding, Birds twittering and Lions roaring.

Maybe this sound comes with your chosen Desktop and Mouse Pointer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…