Scrolling failure on my ASUS Laptop

Connaught 10:39 30 Sep 09

I cannot scroll on any document ,emailS or websites using the mouse or the keys. It seems to try to but it just bonces back to the start. The Fn + Scroll lock key is ineffective. Has something I might have done switched it off? I shall be grateful for some guidance

Many thanks

Graphicool1 11:09 30 Sep 09

Is this a laptop or desktop PC?
If it's a desktop check the leads and make sure everything is plugged in properly.

Graphicool1 11:11 30 Sep 09

Sorry about my query and suggestion. I don't think I can be awake yet. Just re-read the heading.

Graphicool1 11:15 30 Sep 09

Try here...
click here

Connaught 15:36 30 Sep 09

Thank you Graphicool but I couldnt find anything on Asus link.

Graphicool1 15:02 01 Oct 09

What Browser are you using?

Graphicool1 15:27 01 Oct 09

try holding down the function key and hitting the numlock or scroll lock key.
This is usually how you engage or disengage the laptops function keys on the keyboard. Most laptops have a light that will turn on and off when you do this, indicationg that the funtion keys are in use.

Graphicool1 15:36 01 Oct 09
  Connaught 19:22 01 Oct 09

Thank you Graphicool1. Its a strange thing but it seems to have corrected itself. It went through a spasm of autozooming the desktop and websites but that has ceased.

What I seem to be left with is the capitals sticking mAking it impossible to use small case in text no matter what you do with the usual buttons. Seems that a virus may have invaded me and is going through the throes of finally giving up. I hope so.

Thanks again. I do appreciate your help. I will sign this off as solved and pen a new subject if necessary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…