Scroll Wheel does not work with Firefox 3

iamawally 15:33 29 Jan 09

Help, Since updating to Firefox 3 from the last version of F/F 2, my scroll wheel does not work with Firefox, it works fine with IE7 and my e mail program me. Anyone else having this trouble, and if so how do I cure it. F/F said its an add on??? but disabling them made no difference.

Fingees 15:53 29 Jan 09

I'm using 3.0.5, and have no problem.

I would try downloading, and insalling Firefox again.

skidzy 16:17 29 Jan 09

Try;

Open Firefox and Tools
Advanced / General / Browsing

Is the box Auto Scrolling ticked,if not tick this and ok...Close and restart Firefox.

iamawally 16:40 29 Jan 09

Done that has made no difference. Thanks

Stuartli 16:59 29 Jan 09

Like Fingees I've had no problem (wireless optical mouse).

You could check out the Scrolling tab configuration from Start>Control Panel>Mouse or reinstall the mouse drivers.

iamawally 10:55 30 Jan 09

Have tried all of these, nothing makes any difference. The mouse is working fine on all other programmes. Looks like I will either have to uninstall Fire fox 3 and reinstall, or failing that go back to Firefox 2.

gazzaho 11:48 30 Jan 09

What mouse do you use? The reason I ask is I have a Razer Diamondback 3G mouse which I no longer use because the drivers for it refuse to work with some programs, this manifests as the inability to scroll with the wheel. The default Vista drivers work fine with the mouse, but they only support 2 buttons and the wheel which defeats the point of having a multi button mouse.

If your mouse is a razer it may be worth uninstalling the drivers to see if they are at fault. For that matter it may be worth doing anyway to see if it makes a difference. When uninstalling I use the free Revo Uninstaller program to ensure all traces are removed.

Stuartli 13:35 30 Jan 09

Try Uninstalling the mouse drivers and then Uninstalling the mouse in Device Manager, Reboot and let Windows "Find New Hardware" and install its own drivers (or search the Net for the latest version).

iamawally 18:21 31 Jan 09

Have uninstalled the 5 button Mouse, and the scroll wheel worked ok, but on loading the mouse drivers supplied it again stopped working. so have uninstalled the mouse again, and downloaded M/Soft driver for 5 button mouse, and this appears to have solved the problem, so many thanks to all that replied trying to help me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac