Scroll wheel is choosy!

davehyde 20:20 21 Feb 03

Why does my scroll wheel work fine with some applications (internet explorer/outlook etc) but not with others (Wordperfect 6.1 etc)?

OK, WP is OLD (but I like it), but just got a new PC and it still scrolls OK on my old one...

What's going on?

stuntmaster 20:33 21 Feb 03

I think the problem is caused by a new scroll mouse and old software (I agree wordperfect is still good) you might have to not use your scroll muse in this app to resolve the problem.

stuntmaster.

bruno 23:08 21 Feb 03

I have several mice and two o/s's and I get the same problem.I assumed it was to do with the program inuse. Of course I could be wrong!!!

Peter 00:47 22 Feb 03

I think you will find that some programmes, not just old ones, don't support the scroll wheel as well as some others.

Peter.

Peter 09:58 25 Feb 03

^

Peter 22:17 26 Feb 03

^

davehyde 23:38 26 Feb 03

What's the ^ about then?!

davehyde 23:43 26 Feb 03

I've double checked on the old PC. Scroll works on EVERYTHING including "old" WPerfect and Superbase - PC running Windows95

On new PC with XP, it works on new applications, but does nowt (scrollwise - every other mouse function is OK) in the two aforementioned progs.

I am using a Logitech cordless wheelmouse and software version 9.75, recently downloaded. I expect it's another XP problem...?

BRYNIT 00:08 27 Feb 03

I think your problem may be Old WPerfect on Win XP compatibility problem.

davehyde 18:58 27 Feb 03

way in which XP is actually not as good as it's predecessors! Magic

:-(

davehyde 00:19 28 Feb 03

Surely there must be an answer to this.

I'm using old programs granted - probably written before scroll wheels were the norm - but they DID scroll using Windows95....

I'm now using XP which is supposedly the same but better, but they don't scroll now.

There must be something I can reset, a workaround, something?

HELP!

(I'm also using Logitech iTouch keyboard software - any known conflicts here?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…