Scroll Lock button

jz 20:02 05 May 04

Does anyone know the purpose of the scroll lock button on a PC keyboard? Am I missing out by not using it?

VoG II 20:10 05 May 04
  Pesala 21:02 05 May 04

However, maybe you never noticed the context menu key either. I didn't for a year or two. Look between Right Control and Right Windows key. Press that one.

Pesala 21:04 05 May 04

You're not missing out.

interzone55 21:23 05 May 04

There are 2 things I use the Scroll Lock key, switch between PCs using my Belkin KVM Switch box, this allows me to use up to 8 PCs with one monitor, keyboard & mouse by hitting Scroll Lock twice followed by the up or down cursor key.
Also when using Excel spreadsheets, turning scroll lock on means the cursor keys move you around the sheet without moving the cursor, handy for seeing the cells a formula applies to without moving focus away from the cell. THe scroll wheel has made this feature largely redundant, especially now some Micro$oft mice now have a tilt function for sideways scrolling.

btw While were on the subject, PrtScr copies the desktop to the clipboard. and Alt+PrtScr copies the active window to the clipboard, fantastic for screen shots when you're making software tutorials.

What does Pause/Break do?

VoG II 21:25 05 May 04

Read my click here.

jz 22:16 05 May 04

Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017