script running on this page ?

greyballs 11:13 AM 03 May 11
Answered

hi i have just uninstalled IE9 apart from not to happy with it,my home page would not load.so iam back to IE8 but while the page is loading a message box appears "script running if this continues it may make you machine unstable" so i click on the yes box to stop whatever, but the box keeps reappearing. (my home page bt yahoo)any thoughts or ideas would be great thanks

johndrew 11:42 AM 03 May 11

I would think you haven't completely removed IE9 and part of it is still on the PC. Perhaps running Ccleaner or similar may help or checking 'Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Event Viewer/System' to see if there is anything there that helps. Failing that you may need to reinstall IE9 and uninstall it again.

Alternatively there may be a solution here: link text

greyballs 12:14 PM 03 May 11

thanks for that john ,will give Ccleaner a run then i will try a system restore,am running a full scan at the mo to make sure all is as it should be. (bt netprotect plus)

siouxah1 13:05 PM 03 May 11

Funny old things happening GB's.

I am running ie7 and am having the same problem. It takes about 7 or 8 yes activations to get to home page.

BT Yahoo is the home page.

I have not fixed it yet so have migrated to FireFox for the time being.

I had just downloaded and installed Irfanview and add ons. Thought that was the problem. But don't know now.

siouxah1 13:08 PM 03 May 11
Answer

Even funnier. It appears to have cleared itself for me. I suspect it was the web site having problems.

greyballs 17:14 PM 03 May 11

hi siouxah1 yep i think you are right all is fine on my machine now, although for now i will stick with IE8.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…