script query

monkon2 19:30 17 Sep 05

dont know if this is the right place to ask or if im even asking it right, but here goes

i have been asked to design a website for a world of warcraft group/guild, want they have asked is is there a way for character stats to be displayed based on info retrieved by a script from the users pc,

as i said, dunno if i am even asking the right question, maybe someone here can help, lol

thanks in advance

PurplePenny 19:45 17 Sep 05

I won't be able to tell you how to do it, I'll leave that to one of our experts, but can I just clarify what is to happen?

The guild website will use a script to read character stats from the player's PC.

Will the player have to be a member of the guild? Will they have to login to the site or at least the stats gathering section?

How will the character stats be held on the player/member's PC? There seem to be some security implications here.

Or will the script just prompt for the character stats (which would be open to falsification)?

Will the stats be displayed for everyone else to see in a league table?

monkon2 12:36 18 Sep 05

they want to make stats available in a password protected area within the main members area, it will display who is logged in and that members stats while they remain logged in. no interaction from either member or viewer is required, just the ability to have a look at peoples stats

thanks

pcfreak

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…