Script for popup box while on website

Ade_1 18:14 01 Mar 06

Hi, because the website i created for a friend is best viewing in IE i am still having visitors viewing it from Firefox, it doesnt look completely right in firefox you see, so i was wodnering if it is possible that when the page opens a warning type box appers telling hte viewer that it is best viewed in IE. It does state this on hte website but it depends who actually takes note. I just thought people would notice this better, or would it be slightly annoying? If so any other ideas?

ade.h 18:22 01 Mar 06

I think it would be very annoying actually. Most Firefox users are savvy enough to expect a few minor issues. The important thing is that the site still functions acceptably. If it doesn't, it needs some work to get to that state.

mco 18:45 01 Mar 06

I'd find it as annoying as when I'm on my 800X600 screen and I get a message saying best viewed in 1024 768 ...

Ade_1 20:03 01 Mar 06

ok, just people may not realise that its best viewed in IE, anyway thanks for the replies i shall conto think continue to hitnk of a way round it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009