Script Errors: How do I Get Rid of Them?

Lizzie42 10:50 AM 15 Jan 13

We are getting very annoying and persistent 'Script Error' warnings in many of the sites in Internet Explorer eg. You Tube, Google News, Surveys and this site. I had to change to Chrome to post this message.

The Script Errors inform that:
'An error has occurred in the script on this page' 'Unable to get value of the property 'submit' (and/or other words) object is null or undefined' Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No

I have checked that in Internet Options both the boxes for 'Disabled script bugging in IE and other' are ticked and I have deleted 'Temporary Internet Files' I have also been to the Java Control Panel and updated - but we are still getting these annoying messages. IE is now impossible to use and I don't particularly like Chrome.

Can anyone help me please.

Chronos the 2nd 10:54 AM 15 Jan 13

There you go. Script errors.

Lizzie42 11:12 AM 15 Jan 13

Thank you Chronos but the link tells you to d check on - that in Internet Options both the boxes for 'Disabled script bugging in IE and other and leave the notification box unchecked. I did all this in the first instance and the script messages still appear and now are getting more frequent. We cannot use IE at all

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4201643/script-errors--how-do-i-get-rid-of-them/?pn=1#ixzz2I2d5uOLV

Chronos the 2nd 11:23 AM 15 Jan 13

Your link just opens this page in another tab.

Chronos the 2nd 11:24 AM 15 Jan 13

What version of IE are you using?

Lizzie42 11:45 AM 15 Jan 13

I am using IE 9 and all updates are complete. The last updates numbered 16 - I am wondering whether one was troublesome?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…