Script Errors: How do I Get Rid of Them?

Lizzie42 15 Jan 13

We are getting very annoying and persistent 'Script Error' warnings in many of the sites in Internet Explorer eg. You Tube, Google News, Surveys and this site. I had to change to Chrome to post this message.

The Script Errors inform that:
'An error has occurred in the script on this page' 'Unable to get value of the property 'submit' (and/or other words) object is null or undefined' Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No

I have checked that in Internet Options both the boxes for 'Disabled script bugging in IE and other' are ticked and I have deleted 'Temporary Internet Files' I have also been to the Java Control Panel and updated - but we are still getting these annoying messages. IE is now impossible to use and I don't particularly like Chrome.

Can anyone help me please.

Chronos the 2nd 15 Jan 13

There you go. Script errors.

Lizzie42 15 Jan 13

Thank you Chronos but the link tells you to d check on - that in Internet Options both the boxes for 'Disabled script bugging in IE and other and leave the notification box unchecked. I did all this in the first instance and the script messages still appear and now are getting more frequent. We cannot use IE at all

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4201643/script-errors--how-do-i-get-rid-of-them/?pn=1#ixzz2I2d5uOLV

Your link just opens this page in another tab.

What version of IE are you using?

Lizzie42 15 Jan 13

I am using IE 9 and all updates are complete. The last updates numbered 16 - I am wondering whether one was troublesome?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message