Script error with SP2

ventanas 16:24 23 Aug 04

So far installed SP2 onto 6 machines. Everyone has come up with this message click here
when it gets back to the desktop.

Just wondered if its anything I should be concerned about. Grateful for any ideas.

mgmcc 16:35 23 Aug 04

In IE's menus "Tools > Internet Options > Advanced" have you ticked "Disable script debugging" and unticked "Display a notification about every script error"?

The error is related to a Norton/Symantec product, but I haven't seen it in four PCs with XP SP2 installed, though I only have Norton AV 2002 or AV 2003.

CurlyWhirly 16:36 23 Aug 04

Just disable the error message at START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > INTERNET OPTIONS > ADVANCED > disable script debugging under browsing.
Just put a tick in the box.
CW

CurlyWhirly 16:37 23 Aug 04

I didn't know you had just posted as mine was sent at around the same time!
CW

ventanas 16:49 23 Aug 04

Thanks folks, have realised its connected with SP2's security centre and the way NAV interacts with it. The file referred to is where it should be. I beginning to think it just relates to the fact that, as these machines are on a domain and therefore the Security Centre is not enabled, its getting confused.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…