Script Error in IE

babybell 13:30 08 Feb 04

Im running an old version of IE, cant remeber which, but everytime i load a page or click on something, i always get a message box pop up saying "internet explorer script error" then it asks if i want to carry on loading the paper. Some pages i have to click yes 10 or 11 times and its doing my nut. Anyone know how to turn this off?

mgmcc 13:36 08 Feb 04

In the menus, Tools > Internet Options, select the Advanced tab and uncheck the box for "Display a notification about every script error"

babybell 17:44 08 Feb 04

Nope that doesnt work as i dont have that option, i must have an older version as i have to click "view" to get internet options up and not "tools"

VoG II 17:45 08 Feb 04

Help/About Internet Explorer will tell you the version. Post it here.

babybell 19:21 08 Feb 04

My IE version is 4.0, its really playing up now, most links i have to "open in new window" I would download a newer version but i only have a 56k modem on standard connection. any ideas on how to sort out the script prob now?

VoG II 19:23 08 Feb 04

You really ought to upgrade this. IE is commonly included on magazine cover disks. However before you do that check that IE6 is compatible with your version of Windows (which is?).

babybell 19:29 08 Feb 04

Windows 98, is there anywhere i can download a newer version from? I tried but all i could find was service packs and not the actual internet explorer

alan227 19:41 08 Feb 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…