Script Error

tiberius 17:13 15 Nov 10

I receive very regular notice of "Script Error" when online and despite trying recommended programs to eliminate this (eg RegCure,CCleaner) it frustratingly persists. The detail includes Line:1. Char:676. components is undefined. Chrome://bearsharemediabartb/content/toolbar.htm
Can this nuisance be resolved?

birdface 17:20 15 Nov 10

Not with Virginmedia are you.
I have had the same problem for a couple of months and I am not sure if it is a PCA Problem or Virginmedia.
If using I/Explorer try Tools.Internet Options.Security.Click Local Internet to highlight it then click on Custom Level and scroll down to active scripting and disable it.Apply Ok or whatever box that opens.
It is not a cure but your pages will open a lot quicker.
Just a matter of enabling it again if it does not work for you.

birdface 17:22 15 Nov 10

Reg Cure is not very popular and you may be best sticking to the Free C Cleaner which is very popular.

tiberius 20:12 15 Nov 10

Thank you for this. No change I'm afraid - I use BT and C Cleaner does not help at all.
This problem has only arisen after upgrading to IE9 - could this have had an effect?
Thank you for your help

northumbria61 20:55 15 Nov 10

IE9 - it is only a BETA version so it could be part of your problem however I can't say for sure.

I am not a lover of BETA versions - they run okay for some and not so good for others.

birdface 21:07 15 Nov 10

As far as i know there are no ad-blockers yet compatible with IE9 beta so not sure if that can be the problem.
Actually since I moved from IE8 to IE9 I no longer get the script messages but pages are that bit slower to open.

Iron Maiden 21:09 15 Nov 10

Try Tools.Internet Options.Advanced tab
in the browsing section,
tick "disable script debugging"
if ticked, clear "display notification about every script error"

tiberius 19:12 17 Nov 10

Thank you all for suggestions - problem still there and I think IE9 Beta must be the culprit.It seemed a good idea to an innocent like me but could anyone tell me how to get IE8 back?

birdface 19:46 17 Nov 10

to uninstall Internet ExplorerThe following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
1.Click the Start button , type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.

2.Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

3.Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

4.Click one of the following:
•Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

•Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).

NoteAfter you uninstall Internet Explorer 9 Beta, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your computer. It is not necessary to reinstall.

birdface 19:48 17 Nov 10

Now that puts you back on IE8 if that was the last version that you used.
If anything like the time I did it IE8 was just as bad as IE9 when I went back.

tiberius 18:12 18 Nov 10

Thank you - I think I will have to pick up courage to go through with this. Maybe I will just have to put up with script error intrusions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…