Script error

Pineman100 11:41 31 Jul 08

I run Windows XP Home and IE7.

Whever I visit a certain property search website, to look at a list of the latest houses for sale, I always get an error report that reads as follows:

Internet Explorer Script Error

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 110
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL: outbind://3-00000000B885CC65B055504BA3EDC626B89B9A7AA42C3000/

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Up to now I have clicked "yes" without any apparent problems, but am I doing the wrong thing? Is anything going on that I should be concerned about?

Thanks for any advice.

outbind://3-00000000B885CC65B055504BA3EDC626B89B9A7AA42C3000/

OK Computer 12:12 31 Jul 08

Can you post the web address of the property site you're searching on? It could be a problem server side and not with your PC.

Pineman100 13:31 31 Jul 08

click here

I have an email contact arrangement - they email me whenever properties fitting my requirements arrive on their books. I click a link on the email and get taken to a webpage showing a list of such properties.

It's always on this list page that I experience the problem.

PS: Excuse the duplicated gobbledegook on my first post!

Pineman100 14:13 02 Aug 08

^

Ditch999 15:08 02 Aug 08

Try a quick reset of IE

1.Start Internet Explorer 7.
2.On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3.On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
4.In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset to confirm.

Pineman100 15:49 02 Aug 08

Resetting won't destroy anything in IE that I've put in, will it? Things like internet options, connections, favourites and so on?

Ditch999 16:16 02 Aug 08

Have you any Add-ons? If so try starting without add-ons by right-clicking the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop, and then click Start Without Add-ons

Reset IE will not delete favourites or feeds but will set it back to when it was installed

Pineman100 16:37 02 Aug 08

OK, thanks again Ditch999.

I've been to the internet options tab that you mentioned, and before I reset IE I read the list of stuff that will be destroyed. I don't like deleting all my cookies if I can help it (some of them are useful), so I went back to the email links that originally caused the problem.

The strange thing is that, when I now click the links and visit the househunting website, the problem doesn't occur!

I wonder whether it's anything to do with the fact that I've opened these links before. So before I reset IE I'm going to wait for a new email from the website, just to make sure that problem still exists.

Many thanks for your help, and I'll report back - probably tomorrow.

Sea Urchin 16:52 02 Aug 08

To test it out without disabling anything you can go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add Ons) - see how it works then. When you return to your normal IE it will still be as it was.

Pineman100 17:00 02 Aug 08

I should have mentioned in my reply to Ditch999 that I don't have any IE add-ons. So I guess that's not the basis of the problem.

Pineman100 10:35 04 Aug 08

Well - as of yesterday, the problem has simply stopped happening! I've done nothing, so I must assume that it was some sort of problem with the website itself, which the webmaster has rectified.

Many thanks to everyone for your thoughts and advice. Even though this problem was self-solving, I've still learned a few wrinkles from you that could come in useful in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac