Screensavers not working

dixi 12:49 27 Apr 03

My screensavers have stopped working .I am running Win XP Pro they used to work intermitantly now they they do not work at all any Ideas

spikeychris 17:51 27 Apr 03

Options:

You could have something running in the background that is preventing this from happening. Go to start and run and type msconfig to see what programs are starting at bootup.
You could also click here and scroll down to "Screen Saver Disable or Enable"

Click on the enable option and download the VBS file. It could be that your SS has been disabled by some program you have installed or downloaded. You can do this via policies if you wish.

Chris

barryg 18:28 23 May 03

dixi, I have the same problem with xp pro, the screensaver has stopped working. Did the fix suggested by spikeychris work?

spikeychris 18:47 23 May 03

All fixes suggested by spikeychris work...;o)

VoG™ 18:51 23 May 03

....... and Sooo modest with it.

dixi 09:05 24 May 03

The fix spikeychris suggested did not work I formatted the drive and now all is OK I do not know what caused the problem this is the second time it has happened I am just keeping an eye on the software I am loading to see if it happens again
many thanks to those who responded

spikeychris 12:00 24 May 03

You must have done it wrong :o)

leo49 12:04 24 May 03

Hmmmm.... one of my wives was always saying that. ;o)

spikeychris 13:12 24 May 03

Henry VIII had the right idea..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…